Awards Showcase of Top-Notch Films
- Carefully selected films will be showcased on June 15 and 16, 2024 at Centre Stage at Surrey City Hall.
- Each film represents excellence in its respective category, promising an unforgettable cinematic experience. The films showcase social issues and social causes that have a social impact and promote social change.
Filmmaker Meet and Greet
- The Opening Night kicks off with a Filmmaker Reception for 200 industry representatives. The Closing Night kicks off with a Community Reception for 200 members of the general public.
- A chance for esteemed film industry professionals from Metro Vancouver to connect and engage in the Surrey City Hall Atrium.
- Exclusive opportunity for limited free tickets per day for the audience
- 30 free tickets per day reserved for our valued sponsors.
Red Carpet Glamour
- Experience glitz and glamour as we roll out the red carpet for all attendees.
- Catch exciting video interviews with the Sher Vancouver Director of Communications, Jason Pillay, and videographer Rashi Sethi.
- Pose for the cameras in front of the official Sundar Prize banner, captured by the Sher Vancouver in-house photographer Charlie Beerling.
Delectable Food Trucks, Drinks, and Snacks
- Treat your taste buds at the food trucks stationed in the vibrant Surrey Civic Plaza.
- Enjoy a variety of scrumptious food, refreshing drinks, and delightful refreshments during the Filmmaker Reception and Community Reception.
Opening and Closing Remarks
- Founders Vinay Giridhar and Alex Sangha will personally welcome and bid farewell to the audience.
- Special recognition for our sponsors and supporters, acknowledging their invaluable contribution.
Diverse Film Screenings
- Opening Night: Best Short, KDocsFF Best Emerging Filmmaker Film Screening, Best International Documentary, and Roger’s Group of Funds Best Canadian Documentary.
- Closing Night: Best Animation, Best Student Film, and Best Feature Film.
- Each film represents a unique perspective and creative excellence.
Cash Prizes and Awards
- Witness the excitement as the Emerging Filmmaker Award comes with a generous $1,000 cash prize presented by Greg Chan of KDocsFF and the Best Canadian Documentary comes with a $2,500 cash prize donated by Rogers Group of Funds.
- Other award winners with over $10,000 CAD in cash prizes will be celebrated through captivating video messages shown to the audience.
Engaging in Q and A and Panel Discussions
- Festival Coordinator Ritesh Matlani will lead insightful Q and A and panel discussions on major films such as Best Feature, Best Canadian Documentary, and Best International Documentary.
- Expect diverse representation, with panelists from women, queer, and BIPOC communities.
- The jury ensures gender diverse representation. Senior Programmer and Juror Sidartha Murjani and Rami Kahlon will present a top prize of $5,000 for Best Feature Film.
- The Sundar Prize is a Film Festival created by filmmakers for filmmakers, reflecting a deep appreciation for the craft.
- Producers are compensated with screening fees, directors receive cash prizes, and affordable tickets at $20 to $30 grant access to all films per day.
- An enriching film industry networking event fosters meaningful connections among attendees.
- Winning filmmakers will be extensively promoted through our marketing efforts.
- Jurors receive a living wage honorarium for their valuable time and commitment.